Published: 28 February 2023
Land At Churchway
A planning application has been submitted for Land At Churchway, Haddenham (see the site plan above) for up to 91 homes. Further information relating to application 23/00311/AOP can be seen on Buckinghamshire Council's Planning Website
As part of a Standard Consultation, you can add a comment to application 23/00311/AOP
which will be published online. The Standard Consultation deadline is Thursday 2nd March 2023.
Haddenham Parish Council is consulted on planning applications due to its knowledge of the local area. The application was considered at the meeting of the Parish Council's planning committee on 20th February 2023, where it was decided to submit an objection. Please see the planning minutes
for the Parish Council's response.
Please note that Buckinghamshire Council is the planning authority and decides whether the application is approved or refused.
Land West of Churchway
Buckinghamshire Council has issued a formal Enforcement Notice
to Redrow regarding the site at Land West of Churchway, Haddenham due to an apparent breach of planning control within paragraph (a) of Section 171A(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The Enforcement Notice sets out the following information:Matters which appear to constitute the breach of planning control
Without planning permission, the undertaking of operational development and engineering works consisting of;
- the partial construction of buildings and creation of footings and;
- ground works and engineering operations comprising of the formation of trenches, storage of soils and aggregates, creation of bunds and mounds and excavations to create an attenuation pond.Reasons for issuing the notice
- It appears to the Council that the above breach of planning control has occurred within the last four years.
- The land lies in a designated surface water flooding risk area. No Sustainable Drainage System (SUDS) has been agreed with the LPA which is contrary to paragraphs 167 and 169 of the NPPF and policy I4 of the Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan
- There is no extant permission for development on this site as planning permission 17/02280/AOP has not been lawfully implemented. Condition 13 of permission 17/02280/AOP has not been discharged and as such, the Council is not satisfied that the development can be carried out to a satisfactory standard in relation to the required submissions.
The Enforcement Notice also lists a series of 13 requirements that Redrow must comply with within 6 months of the Notice, including the permanent removal of all building supplies and materials from the land. The Notice is due to take effect on 1st April 2023 unless an appeal is made prior to that date.