Home Energy Resources
Published: 19 December 2022
With the high cost of energy bills this winter, more people than ever are looking to reduce energy use at home.
The Climate Emergency Committee's Home Energy group has put together a range of resources for those interested in saving money on energy bills and reducing their carbon footprint.
The dedicated Home Energy page
on the Parish Council website contains useful information on the following:
- Insulation - One of the most effective measures you can take to reduce heating costs and make your home more environmentally friendly!
- Tips on reducing energy use
- Funding and grants for home improvements
- Where to go for further advice
- Support for households struggling with household bills
Deadline for Buckinghamshire Sustainable Warmth Fund (SWF)
Residents interested in applying for the SWF need to act soon – the deadline to apply is 31 December 2022!
Households in Bucks whose homes have a poor energy performance rating and an annual income of less than £30,000, or are on mean-tested benefits, are eligible for free funding to make improvements to their homes and save money on their energy bills. Those who have an annual income of under £20,000 after housing costs are taken out are also eligible.
Types of improvements include:
- Insulation and ventilation
- Upgrades to low carbon heating systems such as air-source heat pumps
- Energy efficient hot water solutions
- Energy efficient lighting
Residents are asked to visit: www.buckinghamshire-applications.co.uk
for more information and to complete the online application form. The scheme is being managed locally by partners City Energy, who will process all applications and liaise with householders to work out the best options available for their property.