Testing for Coronavirus Symptoms
Published: 11 August 2020
Buckinghamshire Council is urging residents to book a test on day one of showing symptoms, no matter how mild they are, to help prevent a local lockdown.
It has provided the following guidance:
· If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, even if they are very mild symptoms, book a test immediately and stay at home.
· Symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change in your sense of taste or smell.
· Stay at home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 that started in the last 10 days, unless you have had a negative test result.
· Stay at home if you have been advised to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
· Stay at home if someone in your household has had any symptoms of coronavirus and has not had a negative test result. If they have not done so, they should get a test.
There are testing centres locally, or you can order a home test. To book a free test, call 119 or go online https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
Help control the virus and protect yourself and others
· Wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly
· Cover face – wear a face covering over your nose and mouth to protect yourself and others
· Make space – stay two metres apart from other people not in your household wherever possible