Green Waste and Household Recycling Centre Update
Published: 06 May 2020
Green and Bulky Waste
Collections of green waste will resume from Monday 11 May on usual collection days. Your bin may be emptied at a different time than usual, so please put it out by 6:30am. Please do not put any garden waste next to the bin. If your bin is very heavy, or the lid won’t close, please take some garden waste out and store for the next collection.
Bulky waste collections will also be re-instated.
For further information, please see Buckinghamshire Council’s website.
5 Household Recycling Centres to Open Across Bucks
From Wednesday 6 May, the Amersham, Aston Clinton, Buckingham, Beaconsfield and High Wycombe sites will open seven days a week, 9am-6pm - the usual summer opening hours. The other four sites will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
To stay within the government's coronavirus guidelines on essential travel, it is important that journeys to these sites during lockdown are ONLY made if waste cannot be stored for longer at home without causing risk to health or safety.
As things will be operating differently to usual at the Household Recycling Centres, please be aware of the following before visiting:
should only visit the site if you cannot safely store your waste at home.
- All residents visiting the site will need to observe the social distancing measures now in place. This also means no assistance for unloading can be provided.
- Residents will be asked for their proof of address. Only Buckinghamshire residents will be allowed to use the sites.
- There will be limits on the number of vehicles allowed on site to allow for social distancing. There may be delays accessing the site and possibly queues of waiting vehicles.
- Only one person per vehicle where possible.
- The existing permit system is still in place, but trailers are temporarily banned from sites.
- In line with Public Health England guidance, residents who are vulnerable, or who are showing symptoms which may indicate coronavirus, should not visit household recycling centres.