The Parish Council is responsible for the majority of street lights within the parish but there are some lights which are still Bucks Council’s responsibility, these include:
- A418 Roundabout junction with Pegasus Way.
- Thame Road from the Haddenham and Thame Parkway Train Station to the entrance of Wykeham Way.
- The traffic calming along Thame Road.
- Millway Furlong, part of Pegasus Way and Pilots Lane.
- Banks Road and Church Way crossing across two roundabouts.
This leaves over 270 street lights in Haddenham which the Parish Council own and maintain. This figure is growing as the Parish Council has resolved to adopt the majority of the street lights from the new housing developments once they are completed.
Our street lights come in all shapes and sizes! We have some which are mounted onto telegraph poles and others are on concrete columns. The shear diversity reflects the stages of growth of Haddenham but can make the administration and maintenance quite challenging! The Parish has many street lights which have been in place since the early 1970’s. The Parish Council is undertaking an improvement scheme and will replace older lanterns and columns when they become uneconomical to repair. The new modern LED lights and aluminium columns are more energy efficient and more cost effective to run.